CHALLENGE: Many headache sufferers don’t realize that a common type of headache (cervicogenic) can be treated with physical therapy, not drugs or unnecessary medical treatment. Currently, Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers offers a team of headache specialists that is under-utilized by patients and referring physicians. In addition, basic awareness of cervicogenic headaches is low among primary care physicians.
STRATEGY: PS Medical raised awareness of cervicogenic headaches and physical therapy as a solution among consumers and referring physicians by:
- Implementing a Free Headache Screen at all locations
- Creating an educational patient testimonial video for posting on website, social media and to show to referring physicians
- Developing headache content on website
- Designing a campaign for referring physicians, including an algorithm outlining the signs, symptoms and treatment for cervicogenic headaches
- Securing Accelerated patient success stories in local newspapers
- Featuring headache specialist/physical therapist on WGN-TV midday news
RESULTS: The campaign was a success and secured the following:
- PS Medical raised consumer awareness with three newspaper stories featuring headache patient success stories and a WGN-TV segment featuring the head of the headache specialty.
- Accelerated sales staff successfully implemented new headache program tools in presentations to referring physicians.
- An estimated two dozen patients booked Free Headache Screen as a result of this campaign.
[youtubelist feed=”playlist” playlist=”PLzS_8r8PKns2jTly_18n9Wp81LLK1GQnm”]